Are you planning a day trip to Hollywood or anywhere in the Los Angeles area? If you are then just check out Los Angeles Staycations first for the latest tips, coupons, and other discounts that you can use on your staycation day trip.
The Latest Staycation Ideas
Each year the biggest Halloween event in the country is the Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween event at Knott’s Berry Farm. In 2014 the dates for the Knott’s Scary Farm event are from September 25th through November 1st. This year hours are extended even longer. During the week the event is open from 7pm to 1am and on the weekends the event is open until 2am. You’ll find mazes, fright zones, and horror shows just to name a few. Also back this year is Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. The price of admission to Knott’s Scary Farm does vary depending on the day so you will need to check their calendar to see what the different admission costs are. A general rule of thumb is if you purchase your tickets well in advance you can get the best overall discount. Before you get your tickets though, here are some tips and suggestions on how you can get even more savings on your admission to the Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween event.
Tips & Coupons
- Check with local ticket discounters like Goldstar where you can usually save up to 50% off the cost of your admission to Knott’s Scary Farm. They also offer the same discount off the general admission tickets for Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Visit Knott’s Scary Farm during the week as the cost of admission is less than it is on the weekend.
- If you are a season pass holder then be sure to attend the preview event on Wednesday, August 6, at 7 PM.
- Also, if you are a season pass holder you can get a special discount on all your 2014 Knott’s Scary Farm tickets.
- Skip the line and get the Fright Lane pass. It gets you front-of-line access to all mazes and unlocks terrors in exclusive scenes within select mazes.
- Check with the nearby Burger King restaurants. Each year they offer coupons that you can use for some extra savings on your admission to the Knott’s Scary Farm.
Now if you just want to visit the normal theme park then be sure to check out the Knott’s Berry Farm coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible.
A fun activity to do on your staycation that is not overly expensive is to take a harbor cruise. The Dana Wharf Live Music Harbor Cruise runs all summer long and offers live music while you take in the beautiful sunset over the Pacific. As soon as you set foot on the boat you will be greeted with a glass of Dana Pride Punch. On the cruise you will also have access to a cash bar and snacks. In total the cruise lasts for about 90 minutes. All in all this is a great way to bring a close to a wonderful summer day. Now you will probably want to make your reservations ahead of time in order to insure that there is room available.
There are a few other ways that you can save a little extra money too. Check the Cal Adventures publication. It has a few coupons for area activities and at last check they had a coupon good for $5 off the Dana Wharf Live Music Harbor Cruise. You just have to fill out a little form in order to get the discount. Another place to check for coupons is the Anaheim/Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau. They will occasionally have coupons for various cruises operated by Dana Wharf. You do not have to register or anything to get their coupons. You can print them directly from your computer or you can stop by a visitor’s center to pick up your coupon there.
Now Dana Wharf offers a lot of other cruises and adventures. If you want to make your reservations for a different cruise or adventure then be sure to check out the Dana Wharf coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible.
A day trip to Catalina Island is always worth it because of the shear beauty of the island. You can easily spend the day shopping or relaxing but if you want a little more adventure then you might want to sign up for one of the Discovery Tours. They offer both land and sea adventures including glass bottom boat tours, scenic tours, walking tours, and cruises. An adventure awaits for everyone. Now if you are interested in one of these tours and want to get the most value out of your day trip there then get the Catalina Flyer and Discovery Tour Combo.
Your Catalina Flyer & Discovery Tour combination ticket includes a round-trip passage from the Balboa Pavilion to Catalina Island aboard the Catalina Flyer. In addition to that you will also get a ticket for one of the Glass- bottom boat tours as well as your choice of either the Avalon scenic tour, Casino walking tour or Seal Rocks cruise (May-October). Each of the tours last approximately 1 hour. Also, the Catalina Flyer departs from the Balboa Pavilion in Newport Beach at 9:00 am and arrives at Catalina Island at 10:30 am and then departs from Catalina Island at 4:30pm and arrives at the Balboa Pavilion in Newport Beach at 5:45 pm. Just make sure that you are there at least 15 minutes early. This makes for a full day of fun where you do not have to worry anything but having fun on your adventure at Catalina Island.
Now if you just need transportation service (or want to plan your own adventure) and still want to save money then be sure to check out the Catalina Flyer coupons ahead of time to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your ticket purchases.
One of Broadway’s biggest hits is coming to the Segerstrom Center this summer. The Jersey Boys is a Broadway hit musical that takes you behind the scenes of the legendary Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. See them as they climb their way to the top of the music world. The show kicks off from June 24th and runs through July 13th. Tickets are on sale through the Segerstrom Center but they are already starting to sell out so you will need to go ahead and order your tickets soon.
Of course if you miss out on the discount or regular priced tickets you can also find them available through secondary ticket markets. This includes ticket places like Stub Hub. Finally, there are group discounts that are available for the Jersey Boys Broadway Show. You just need to have a group of 10 or more people to get the group discount rate. Make your reservations ahead of time to insure seat availability for the group discount rate.
Now the Segerstrom Center does have season pass options but it does not appear that the Jersey Boys are included as part of the regular Broadway Season ticket package. For even more savings on performances, shows, and concerts, just check out the Segerstrom Center coupons to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible.
Spring does not begin at Knott’s Berry Farm without the annual Knott’s Berry Bloom event. For 2014 the dates are from April 12th through the 27th. It is fun for the whole family and features larger than life décor, interactive live entertainment, the inaugural Boysenberry Festival in Ghost Town, the Peanuts Party in the Park event, the Bloomination Dance Party, and of course the Easter Beagle’s Enormous Egg Hunt where kids can hunt for prize eggs. On top of all of that there’s access to all of the other rides and games at Knott’s Berry Farm. If you haven’t made plans for a spring event yet then you’ll want to make sure that you set aside some time for the Knott’s Berry Bloom event. You’ll need tickets for the event so before you go, here are some tips and suggestions on how you can save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission there.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are in the military then you can just show your military ID at the gate and save $4 off the cost of your admission to Knott’s Berry Bloom.
- If you are a member of AAA then you can just show your AAA membership card and you can save 30% off your general admission ticket.
- Check out local ticket discounters like Goldstar where you can save up to 50% off your admission to Knott’s Berry Bloom for a limited time.
- You will also want to make sure that you follow them on Facebook and Twitter as they have been running promotions and ticket giveaways for this event.
Now if you are visiting at any other time of the year then be sure to check out the Knott’s Berry Farm coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your visit to the fun theme park.
Visiting Catalina Island is always a nice respite. It’s close enough for a day trip yet far enough away for an escape. To get the most out of your visit though, you need to make an overnight trip out of it. There are several ones to choose from but if you want value then check out the Catalina Island Package with accommodations at the Best Western. The package includes ferry transportation aboard the Catalina Express which takes just 90 minutes from port to port. On your voyage you can enjoy the ocean breeze from the upper deck or cool off inside and enjoy a snack, a refreshing soda, or even a cocktail. By the time you get there you will be so relaxed that Orange County will feel like thousands of miles away.
Note, the Best Western is in Dana Point, which is right near the departure dock. They offer complimentary breakfast, pool, fitness center, and high speed internet. This is one of the best values for your Catalina Island getaway. Of course if you want to stay on Catalina Island you can also book at a discounted rate HERE. Finally, don’t forget to check out all of the events and activities on Catalina Island before you make your reservations. There is almost always something going on there so it is good to try an plan your visit around these events. A good place to start here is with the Catalina Chamber of Commerce.
If you just need ferry transportation to and from Catalina Island then be sure to check out the Catalina Express coupons or the Catalina Flyer coupons to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your ferry tickets. You can end up saving hundreds of dollars as a family or group.
Every year the Renaissance Pleasure Faire brings together a fantastic gathering of Renaissance enthusiasts. This year the Renaissance Pleasure Faire kicks off on April 5th and runs all the way through May 18th (weekends) at the Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area. Hundreds of artisans will be on hand as well as live Renaissance entertainment, games, rides, and food. Kids are invited to participate in RenQuest, a fun and interactive Renaissance adventure. Tickets are on sale right now but before you get your tickets, here are some tips and suggestions on how you can get some additional savings. This includes a listing of the latest known coupons, promotions, and more.
Tips & Coupons
- Purchase your tickets to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire in advance and save $2 off the cost of each ticket. The early bird tickets save you $8 off your admission.
- When you are buying your tickets online be sure to check for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box at the bottom left of the checkout page. Just enter your coupon in there and then click apply code. You should then see your discount appear to the right.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Amazon Local where you can sometimes save as much as 50% off the cost of your admission to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire.
- Get the season pass to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire and get unlimited admissions. It pays for itself in just 5 visits (3 weekends)
- If you have kids in scouts then visit on the third weekend of the Renaissance Pleasure Faire for discounted admission. This is also military appreciation weekend.
- Get together a group of 15 or more people and everyone in the group saves up to 38% off their admission.
- If you want to make a weekend event out of it then check with their hotel partners like the DoubleTree and Courtyard by Marriott as they offer packages for discount room rates and tickets to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire.
- Be sure to sign up for the email newsletter or follow the Renaissance Pleasure Faire on Facebook for the latest news, updates and promotions.
The Young Americans are coming to the La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts for a one day and one night only performance of Broadway Tonight. This is an event that you won’t want to miss if you love Broadway Musicals. The Young Americans feature a 125 member cast of the best singing high school graduates in the world with over 100 international performances each season. You’ll hear songs from Matilda, Mowtown, Annie, Wicked, and more. They will perform on Saturday February 22nd at 2pm and then again at 8pm. Tickets are on sale right now and you’ll have to get them before they disappear. Before you get your tickets though, there are a few ways that you can actually save a little extra money on your admission.
Children are welcomed for this event and you do get a little bit of a discount on your child’s tickets. You get $5 off each child’s ticket for the Broadway Tonight show. You can also check to see if there are any discount codes available. At last check there does not appear to be any available but you can always check with the ticket box office to see if they will offer any discount codes. Of course if you already have a subscription to the La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts then you will get a special discount on your tickets for the Broadway Tonight show.
Finally, if you want to see another performance at the La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts at any other date then you will want to at least check out the La Mirada Theater coupons to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your admissions to any of the performances there.
The professional bull riders are coming back to the Honda Center of Anaheim for their annual Liftmaster Chute Out event. Last year’s winner was Shane Proctor and this year’s event is sure to bring in plenty of challengers for the event, which takes place the weekend of February 7th through the 9th. Tickets can be purchased right now and that is actually the best way to save on your admission. Just check out the tips and suggestions which are outlined below. This includes a listing of all of the latest known coupons for the PBR event at the Honda Center of Anaheim which should help you to save even more money.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are purchasing your PBR Anaheim tickets online through the normal purchase process then be sure to look for offer codes. You should notice a link for offer codes at the top of the ticket selection page. Click the link and enter the coupon in the offer code box. Click apply and you should then see the discount appear on the next page.
- If you are a US Bank customer then you can purchase your tickets through the fan club and actually get a 10% discount on the purchase of your tickets.
- Check the ticket marketplaces like Vivid Seats where you can actually purchase some tickets for as little as $20 each. On top of that they will sometimes offer their own coupons (especially for repeat customers) which you can apply towards your purchase of your PBR tickets at the Honda Center of Anaheim.
Now if you are wanting to catch the professional bull riders at another event then be sure to check out the PBR coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your ticket purchase.
If you want something unique to do this winter then check out CHILL at the Queen Mary, Southern Cal’s only frozen holiday adventure. The giant dome is transformed into a giant frozen igloo called the Ice Kingdom. CHILL features ice tubing, an outdoor ice skating rink, the World’s Largest Snowman Bouncy, the World’s Largest Rocking Horse, a giant snow globe, live music, and plenty more holiday themed entertainment. CHILL is open all the way through January 5th. Tickets are on sale right now but before you purchase your tickets, be sure to read over the tips and suggestions on how to get the most savings possible for your visit.
Tips & Coupons
- If you purchase your tickets for the CHILL experience online you will automatically save $5 off the walk up ticket price.
- Also, when purchasing your tickets online, be sure to check for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box at the bottom left of the checkout page. Enter your coupon for CHILL here and then click apply code. You should then see your discount appear to the right. You can try the promo code CHEER to unlock the latest discount
- Enjoy ice skating? Get the CHILL season pass for ice skating and enjoy unlimited access to the outdoor ice skating rink.
- If you get together a group of at least 8 or more people you can save at least $3 off the cost of your CHILL experience.
- Take a staycation and spend the night aboard the Queen Mary too! Discount packages are available for CHILL and a room aboard the Queen Mary. Just enter the promotion code CHILL when booking your room to unlock the latest discount packages.
Now if you are visiting the Queen Mary at any other time be sure to check out the Queen Mary coupons first to make sure that you maximize your savings opportunity for your staycation.